General G5 Football
- Here are the updated team and conference rankings from the S&P+ algorithm.
- Texas G5 teams are struggling to match their previous attendance numbers. The players deserve much more support than they’re receiving.
- The battle between Temple and local protesters continues as the Owls carry on with plans to build a stadium near campus.
- It’s becoming more and more clear that UCF is the class of the American. Also Tulsa’s defense is BAAAAAAAD.
- Western Kentucky is shaking things up along their offensive line in an attempt to boost their struggling offense.
- Last Chance U star John Franklin III took snaps at quarterback for FAU last week.
- Even after factoring injuries into the equation it’s still hard to explain Old Dominion’s poor effort against FAU.
First helmet stickered for Homecoming. Taking it back to the 80’s and Reggie Collier era @UNISWAG @SouthernMissFB @USMGoldenEagles #SMTTT pic.twitter.com/1QrqzFjrHc— SouthernMissEquip (@SouthernMissEQU) October 9, 2017
- FAU finally gets to enjoy a bye week after six street weeks of football and hurricane stress.
- It looks like Keon Howard might stick at starting quarterback for Southern Miss after putting together a great game against UTSA.
- Here’s a breakdown of how UTEP’s offense adjusted to Zack Greenlee’s strengths as he picked up the start against WKU.
- While UTEP couldn’t pull it out against WKU, at least the Miners were fun to watch again.
- North Texas is our top-ranked team in Conference USA. Who saw that one coming?
- Here are three things we learned from Conference USA last week.
- Texas State is desperate for an FBS win this season. They’ll need a hot start to upset Louisiana-Lafayette on Thursday.
- No one is going to claim that ULM is the most talented team in the Sun Belt but effort and preparation has them in the hunt for a Sun Belt title.
- Andre Nunez is set to start for UL-Lafayette this week while Elijah Mitchell will miss the Texas State game with a foot injury.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns made a big jump in our Sun Belt power rankings, rising to 6th place.
- Here are three key things we learned from the Sun Belt last week.
- New Mexico State hasn’t won as many games as they’re capable of but there are still a ton of positives to appreciate with this team.