While the West Point Army football schedule was announced back in December of 2015, let’s take a quick look at the schedule to get a refresher.
2017 West Point Army Football Schedule
Sept. 1 vs. Fordham (FCS)
Sept. 9 vs. Buffalo
Sept. 16 at Ohio State
Sept. 23 at Tulane
Sept. 30 vs. UTEP
Oct. 7 at Rice
Oct. 14 vs. Eastern Michigan
Oct. 21 vs. Temple
Oct. 28 OFF
Nov. 4 at Air Force
Nov. 11 vs. Duke
Nov. 18 at North Texas
Nov. 25 OFF
Dec. 2 OFF
Dec. 9 v. Navy (at Lincoln Financial Field in Philly)
- Army is finally at the point where they can play an FCS tune-up game to open the season and won’t have to worry about losing the game.
- The Knights host a couple of New York squads in Buffalo and Fordham and nearby Temple in Philly before playing the neutral site Army/Navy game in Philly as well.
- Army has a mid-season bye week as well as two off weeks in a row before the big rivalry match-up with Navy.
- Army travels to some great recruiting locations in Houston, TX (Rice), Dallas/Fort Worth area (North Texas), Columbus, Ohio (OSU) and New Orleans (Tulane). That’s a great way to get your product out around the country for a national-recruiting program like Army.
- Army could walk away with 7-8 wins off of this schedule, which would be another winning season and bowl berth. It would be the first Army back-to-back winning seasons since the 1988-1990 seasons where it was three winning seasons in a row, and first back-to-back bowl births since 1984-1985- all of these streaks under former Head Coach Jim Young.
- Army/Navy will have more momentum than ever after Army broke the drought in 2016. Coach Ken stayed put at Navy after rumors in 2015 of a move to BYU, and in 2016 of a move to Cal. Monken vs Ken should become an annual battle instead of a guaranteed Navy victory.