Welcome to this year’s first edition of what I think are the best plays in Vegas involving G5 teams. Many times the public neglects to pick up on some of the outlandish lines Vegas dishes out for G5 teams.
My job will be to point them out to you because who all doesn’t like to have a few extra bucks in their pocket. So take out those wallets and start looking at what amazing things you are going to buy because we are about to make a killing this year.
For more lines visit Odds Shark.
- Oklahoma -10 vs Houston: I feel terrible for going against Houston here. I really do. But the Sooners have been flying under the radar all offseason and that’s when Bob Stoops is at his best. Houston’s secondary is going to have major problems stopping Baker Mayfield.
- Southern Mississippi +7.5 at Kentucky: Kentucky has talent but has underachieved under Mark Stoops. As a result, you can’t trust the Wildcats here as I think Southern Miss has the better team straight up and wins outright.
- Boise State at Louisiana Lafayette +18: Boise State is in Bryan Harsin’s image now that it’s his third year there and although I think they will still be near the cream of the crop in the G5 under Harsin, I think the days of them being a powerhouse that just blitzed teams during the Petersen era are over. 18 Points, on the road, to a hungry ULL team looking to bounce back after a disappointing season is too much for my liking.
- SMU -12 at North Texas: North Texas won’t have the defense to keep them within two possessions and the offense won’t be quite ready to go score for score with the #PonyUpTemo.
- La Tech +20.5 at Arkansas: The Razorbacks are going to win, but they’ve been known to start the season slow under Bret Bielema and could do so again here.
- San Jose State at Tulsa -6: Tulsa scores points at home and because of that I see them as at least a seven point favorite over the Spartans.