Hey! South Florida's spring practice finally started this week! We have actual football activity to fill the black-hole void of the college football offseason. You want visual proof? Here's Quinton Flowers throwing some passes on Friday.
Quinton Flowers working through several throws pic.twitter.com/okj1eeXXzL— USF Football (@USFFootball) March 25, 2016
Flowers has been lauded for his quick decision making and dual-threat ability as a quarterback, but it certainly helps to have a wide array of weapons at his disposal at wide receiver, which is what awaits him in 2016.
The very identity of the Bulls' offense is predicated through the run, as the unit ran the ball 65.24% of the time in 2015. But that fact makes USF's aerial attack all the more dangerous as numerous times we witnessed defenses load the box in anticipation for Marlon Mack, only for Flowers to release a strike over the middle to the likes of Rodney Adams, Chris Barr, D'Ernest Johnson, and Sean Price.
Under the tutelage of new Co-OC/WR coach T.J. Weist, the deepest unit on the team will feature a senior looking to one-up his record breaking 2015 campaign, a transfer from NC State returning home to wreck shop against AAC defenders, and possibly a highly touted four-star recruit from Miami who could see the field sooner rather than later in his freshman campaign.
WR Coach: T.J. Weist
- Rodney Adams (Senior/St. Petersburg, FL)
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling (Junior/St. Petersburg, FL)
- Austin Aikens (Senior/Tampa, FL)
- Deangelo Antoine (Redshirt Freshman/Orlando, FL)
- Chardonnae Baity** (Junior/Palmetto, FL)
- Chris Barr (Sophomore/Jacksonville, FL)
- Ryeshene Bronson (Junior/Fort Myers, FL)
- Stanley Clerveaux (Sophomore/North Miami, FL)
- Donovan Geter (Redshirt Freshman/Tampa, FL)
- A.J. Legree (Senior/Fort White, FL)
- Tyre McCants (Sophomore/Niceville, FL)
- Alex Mut (Senior/Port Charlotte, FL)
- Jordan Reed (Sophomore/Tampa, FL)
- Trevor Steinke (Redshirt Freshman/Lutz, FL)
- Chase Whitehead (Sophomore/Fort Walton Beach, FL)