Season record: 22-16
Welcome back. It appears we’re bi-weekly now. Not because I went a disappointing 2-3 two weeks ago but because I keep forgetting to write this article before I give my picks to Vegas.
What I do remember is that I have been hot and cold week-to-week. So after a losing record last time, you know we’re about to kill it this go round!
1. Buffalo at Ohio -19.5: Buffalo is terrible. They couldn’t cover two weeks ago with a 23 point spread against an awful NIU team and now they visit the fighting Solichs who are trying to clinch the MAC East.
2. Arkansas State -4.5 at Georgia State: In case you haven’t heard, Arkansas State doesn’t lose conference games as they have won 11 straight during conference play. They will lose eventually, but it won’t come at the hands of GSU.
3. Memphis at SMU +3: I’ve picked SMU several times this year and they have been pretty good to me. Currently on a two game winning streak SMU needs to win two more games to get a bowl bid. Memphis is trending down as they have lost two straight after a hot start.
4. FIU +30 at Western Kentucky: WKU has been straight destroying teams lately but FIU has shown a lot of fight under interim head coach Ron Cooper. FIU is gonna lose but I’ll take the points.
5. Louisiana Tech -20.5 at North Texas: I fear the jig may be up for North Texas. The Bulldogs have been scoring in bunches and will face a team that doesn’t have the offense to keep up.
6. Marshall +11 at Old Dominion: I have taken Marshall several times this year and have not won once. Hopefully this one is a winner as ODU’s style of play promotes close games.
7. East Carolina at Tulsa -8.5: Tulsa is on a roll right now and they are virtually unstoppable at home. The Pirates’ offense hasn’t been that great since the start of conference play either.
8. Utah State at Wyoming -5.5: I’ll jump on the bandwagon and pick the Cowboys here. They should win by a touchdown at least in Laramie against an Aggies team who has trouble scoring against good teams.