Visit Oddshark for more lines.
Season Record: 15-12
Last time we were here I was 12-7. So, yeah, pretty bad week last time out. I was burned by Army against Buffalo, Nevada couldn’t cover against a horrible Purdue team, and East Carolina was busy getting “mur-dered!” against Virginia Tech.
No worries over here though, still got a winning record, and I’m ready to bounce back.
- UMass at Old Dominion -9: I would like this line a lot more if it was just a touchdown but the Monarchs have looked great over the past two weeks against bad teams at home as they outscored UTSA and Charlotte by a combined score 85-36.
- Houston at Navy +17: Last year’s game was close in Houston before the Coogs pulled away and although the Midshipmen just lost to Air Force, I see their option attack limiting Houston’s possessions and staying within two touchdowns.
- Marshall -10 at North Texas: Marshall took a beating during non-conference play and I see them taking a ton of frustration out on a North Texas team that won’t have the firepower to keep up.
- FIU +6 at UTEP: Panthers are coming off of a much-needed win against FAU and I see them taking that momentum under Ron Cooper into El Paso and winning this game straight up as the Miners are trending down under Sean Kugler.
- SMU +15 at Tulsa: I like taking the points in a shootout and this one has all the makings of one in this conference opener. Also, Tulsa has Houston next week and could be looking ahead.
- East Carolina +18.5 at USF: Because of Hurricane Matthews the weather conditions could be a bit dicey as wind could be a major factor in this game. ECU is the one who relies on the passing attack but the weather isn’t going to be good for both parties and that typically means a close game.