ESPN's all powerful and predictive Football Power Index - or FPI - is out and has each conference matchup equated out to a favorite and an underdog using...whatever math ESPN came up with, probably.
It was first brought to my attention by the almighty Chad Bishop, former WKU beat writer for the Bowling Green Daily News, and current writer/sometimes TV star on WBKO.
ESPN’s football power index gives Western Kentucky a 78.6 percent chance to win Saturday https://t.co/w4xXcJ7quW— Chad Bishop (@MrChadBishop) December 2, 2015
Wowzah. That's a pretty heavy favorite. Especially considering Yahoo!'s Pat Forde predicted a Southern Miss win in his Yard Dash column yesterday.
But not only is it a wide margin in favor of Western Kentucky (again, according to the FPI), but it's the largest margin between two teams among all conference championship games.
- WKU over Southern Miss - 78.6% - 21.4%
- Houston over Temple - 65.9% - 34.1%
- Alabama over Florida - 77.8% - 22.2%
- USC over Stanford - 51.5% - 48.5%
- Michigan State over Iowa - 63.6% - 36.4%
- Clemson over North Carolina - 59.0% - 41.0%