Texas State was expected by many to roll over UAPB after the Golden Lions got their attention with some overconfident smack talk, but few people likely expected a 65-0 streamrolling that could've been much worse. The Bobcats came out and absolutely obliterated the SWAC cupcake from start to finish, and hit some notable milestones in the process. Here are some of the highlights:
- Worst loss in UAPB football history
- First shutout since 2005's 1-aa playoff team blanked Southern Utah 34-0
- Tied for fourth most points scored in Bobcat history
- Most points against a lower division opponent since the 2005 team beat Oklahoma Panhandle State 75-7
- UAPB didn't cross the 50 yard line once in the 2nd half
- Texas State didn't punt once in the first half, and perhaps most impressively:
- A school record of 697 yards gained.